Thursday, June 23, 2005

Taking a time off

I have been hibernating for the past few weeks. No blogging for more than two weeks. Just plain inner mind contemplation. No screams, yells, cries or woes were exchanged on this blog. Call it a hiatus of some sort.

I should have been writing more recently. The school has just started and I'm back to my usual job of threatening my students to fix their lives (studies, for that matter) or else. The else part is kinda condescending. Or else what? That they will not pass my subject? That they will fail to live up to their own personal missions? That they won't graduate on time? That their parents will summon them to eternal misery for such failure? That they won't earn some ganda or pogi points from their crushes? Whatever.

I'm yakking again. Me the blubber mouth isn't that of a talker. If I have a tendency to do that, it's either that I am all giddy and high or I'm just completely bored out of my skull.

Ano daw?

Last night was a very rainy night. To say that it rained cats and dogs is a weak idiom. I could say that dinosaurs were ressurected from the heavens last night and plummeted to the ground--head first. The rain was really heavy. So the gang (Serg, Monet, Bray and moi) left Arlegui building while it was raining. Of course, the constant bickering and nagging on who's umbrella should be use was such a catastrophic issue. As resolved, all of us except Monet (who had a gall not to use hers "kasi mahal yung payong ko eh Benetton") pulled our Transformer-like umbrellas to shield ourselves from the crazy rain. We saw a jeepney, hopped in and we were off to the Mr. Sy's Neverland--SM Manila. (Where else?)

We decided to eat. And so we did. I asked Serg to buy me whatever food because I would be heading to a drugstore to buy marijuana. It's a joke, OK. My throat has been hoarse for a week now and I need to get some medicine. Serg bought me a beef something on top of hot rice. (By the way, yung sukli ko nga pala?) When we finished wolfing on our food, Serg and Monet convinced me to play another rounds of network games. The conversation went like this:

M: Hoy, maganda yung Battle.Net.
S: Oo, basta ayoko na maging gagamba. Remember yung last time na naglaro tayo, yung may girlash na maingay maglaro at palamura (Puta! T**** n'yo! with complete re-enactment), siya pala may ari ng rental na yun.
L: Ayoko na! BI talaga kayo.
M: Basta maganda yung Battle.Net. Gusto mong sumama?
S: Masaya, promise. Mag-eenjoy ka. Maraming characters. Maraming powers. Basta.

Who could refuse such promotion like that?

And so I gave in. We played, like, for more than six hours. I got home at around past 12am. Imagine that. Inabot kami ng madaling araw. Hay naku. Ayos lang, enjoy naman. Hehehe.

No comments: